Sunday, October 28, 2007

Happy Sunday!




Just doing a couple blog challenges for 2scrappychix

you had to share fall photos around you! :) and a chili recipe! Well you can see the photos above!
and here is the recipe! I found it here
it was really good! I used black beans instead of kidney beans (since I dont like them!)
Here is the recipe! we all LOVED it! (ok Amanda didnt eat any! but the rest of us did!)

Best Bean Chili

Vegetable cooking spray
1 pound lean ground beef
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 can (15 ounces) Red Kidney beans or 1 1/2 cups cooked dry-packaged Red Kidney beans, rinsed, drained
1 can (15 ounces) Pinto beans or 1 1/2 cups cooked dry-packaged Pinto beans, rinsed, drained
3 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) chili-seasoned diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa

1. Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Cook ground beef until browned, 5 to 8 minutes, crumbling with a fork. Add onions, bell pepper, and garlic; cook 5 minutes longer.
2. Add remaining ingredients; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 to 30 minutes.

Makes 6 servings (about 1 1/3 cups each).

SLOW COOKER TIP: To make the chili in a slow cooker, combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours.

thanks for stopping by!! Have a GREAT day!!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That chili sounds YUMMY and the pictures are great! Thanks for doing the challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bethie!!!

    I have bookmarked your WONDERFUL blog and would like to THANK YOU for stopping by mine and introducing yourself!

    I wanted to extend an invitation to you to join us bi-weekly for my Digi-Scrap Addict's meetings at 3Scrapateers. I will post on my blog before the next one. The reason I am mentioning this to you is that beginning in January of 2008, I am going to be helping those using PSE! We will even cover some designing basics!

    I shall be checking your blog as often as I am able. Your FALL photos are GORGEOUS!!!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. that recipe sounds divine. Added your blog to my list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Have a GREAT day!!
Happy Holidays!!!